Welcome to season 2018/2019! After a slow start to December, we’ve had a nice total of 70cm fall in the last few days! Akakura onsen opened two chairs today and I only saw two others out there…
24 Hour Recap:
It continued to snow for most of yesterday and cleared up to give us partly cloudy skies today.
Mid-Mountain Forecast From Snow-Forecast.com:
Current snow and weather conditions in Myoko now:
- 24 Hr Snow Fall: 40cm
- Current Snow Depth at Akakura Onsen base: Around 40cm
- Current Snow Conditions: Fresh and soft, but still only a small base
- Current temperature at base: 0℃ @ 7pm
- Current Weather: Overcast
- Current Visibility: Good
Don’t forget to keep up with the snow progress via our Myoko webcams.
Current snow depths:
- Akakura Onsen – Base around 40cm
- Akakan – Base around 40cm
- Ikenotaira – Unknown
- Suginohara – Unknown
- Seki Onsen – Unknown
- Tangram – Unknown
- Madarao Kogen – Unknown
Please check here at the Japan Avalanche Network for further Myoko avalanche warnings.
Don’t forget! Got a great Myoko ski video from this season that you’d like to share? Upload your best efforts and then contact us with the details!