All smiles in Arai today for the first Myoko Snowsports lessons of the season!
Epic conditions again today with plenty of fresh snow and no lift lines. Winds very light and cloud cover dissipating.
24 Hour Recap:
Medium to heavy snowfalls continued yesterday and into last night. Temps hovered around -5 but winds were very light.
Mid-Mountain Forecast From Snow-Forecast.com:
Current snow and weather conditions in Myoko now:
- 24 Hr Snow Fall: 35cm
- Current Snow Depth at Akakura Onsen base: 75cm
- Current Snow Conditions: Fresh, soft and deep. Again…
- Current temperature at base: -4℃ @ 6pm
- Current Weather: Partly cloudy
- Current Visibility: Average
Don’t forget to keep up with the snow progress via our Myoko webcams.
Current snow depths:
- Akakura Onsen – Base around 75cm
- Akakan – Base around 130cm
- Ikenotaira – Unknown
- Suginohara – Unknown
- Seki Onsen – Unknown
- Tangram – 80cm
- Madarao Kogen – 80cm
Please check here at the Japan Avalanche Network for further Myoko avalanche warnings.
Don’t forget! Got a great Myoko ski video from this season that you’d like to share? Upload your best efforts and then contact us with the details!