New staff at Myoko Snowsports being shown around Akakura Kanko and Onsen
After a cold few days, the sun was out for most of today. Still plenty of fresh snow to be found off piste.
24 Hour Recap:
The snow cleared out overnight and we woke to a beautiful morning.
Mid-Mountain Forecast From Snow-Forecast.com:
Current snow and weather conditions in Myoko now:
- 24 Hr Snow Fall: 10cm
- Current Snow Depth at Akakura Onsen base: 90cm
- Current Snow Conditions: Fresh but softening
- Current temperature at base: 0℃ @ 4:30pm
- Current Weather: Partly cloudy
- Current Visibility: Excellent
Don’t forget to keep up with the snow progress via our Myoko webcams.
Current snow depths:
- Akakura Onsen – Base around 90cm
- Akakan – Base around 130cm
- Ikenotaira – 80cm
- Suginohara – Unknown
- Seki Onsen – Unknown
- Tangram – 80cm
- Madarao Kogen – 90cm
- Lotte Arai – 150cm
Please check here at the Japan Avalanche Network for further Myoko avalanche warnings.
Don’t forget! Got a great Myoko ski video from this season that you’d like to share? Upload your best efforts and then contact us with the details!