Warm and sunny in Myoko.
Myoko Snow Report 21 December 2016: Current Conditions
Another beautiful morning with clear skies and light wind. The snow has packed down over the last few days and the temperature is sitting at 0 degrees.
24 Hour Recap
After a sunny start yesterday the clouds rolled in and we had a brief period of light drizzle in the afternoon. Things cleared up last night and we’ve woken up to a beautiful sunny day in Myoko this morning.
Increasing wind tomorrow and unfortunately some rain on the way tomorrow night. Cooling quickly on Friday, the rain will switch to snow and continue falling into Saturday. The possibility of more snow Sunday before warming up again on Monday.
Mid-mountain forecast for the next few days:
Current snow and weather conditions in Myoko now:
- 24 Hr Snow Fall: 0cm
- Current Snow Depth at Akakura Onsen base: 60cm
- Current Snow Conditions: Packed
- Current temperature at base: 0 degrees
- Current Weather: Sunny and light wind
- Current Visibility: Excellent
Don’t forget to keep up with the snow progress via our Myoko webcams.
Current Snow Depth at Base:
- Akakura Onsen – Open. Base 60cm
- Akakan – Open. Base 70cm
- Ikenotaira – Closed. Base 50cm
- Suginohara – Closed (opening 23 Dec). Base 45cm
- Seki Onsen – Closed (opening 23 Dec). Base 70cm
- Tangram – Closed. Base 40cm
- Madarao Kogen – Closed. Base 50cm
Don’t forget! Got a great Myoko ski video from this season that you’d like to share? Or would you like to show yourself off at The Daily Flake to the world by presenting a guest Myoko snow report? Upload your best efforts and then contact us with the details! Note: We are not a fan of 5 minutes of polecam face shots. Sorry, we prefer something a little more creative.
Myoko Snow Report 21 December 2016