Warm and windy start to the day in Myoko.
Myoko Snow Report 22 December 2016: Current Conditions
High cloud about with strong winds. 5 degrees this morning in the village and the snow is nice and soft.
24 Hour Recap
After a warm and sunny day yesterday, the cloud and wind moved in overnight.
Remaining cloudy today before some rain moves in from the west this evening. Cooling quickly tomorrow morning, the rain will turn to snow and continue to fall into Saturday. Clearing up Sunday and warming up again on Monday. More rain and snow in the mix again for Monday, however this is still four days away and the forecast is still uncertain.
Mid-mountain forecast for the next few days:
Current snow and weather conditions in Myoko now:
- 24 Hr Snow Fall: 0cm
- Current Snow Depth at Akakura Onsen base: 60cm
- Current Snow Conditions: Soft
- Current temperature at base: 5 degrees
- Current Weather: Partly cloudy and strong winds
- Current Visibility: Good
Don’t forget to keep up with the snow progress via our Myoko webcams.
Current Snow Depth at Base:
- Akakura Onsen – Open. Base 60cm
- Akakan – Open. Base 60cm
- Ikenotaira – Open. Base 40cm
- Suginohara – Closed (opening 23 Dec). Base 45cm
- Seki Onsen – Closed (opening 23 Dec). Base 70cm
- Tangram – Open. Base 35cm
- Madarao Kogen – Open. Base 40cm
Don’t forget! Got a great Myoko ski video from this season that you’d like to share? Or would you like to show yourself off at The Daily Flake to the world by presenting a guest Myoko snow report? Upload your best efforts and then contact us with the details! Note: We are not a fan of 5 minutes of polecam face shots. Sorry, we prefer something a little more creative.
Myoko Snow Report 22 December 2016