Myoko Snow Report 23 December 2016: Current Conditions
Partly cloudy, 3 degrees and light winds this morning in Myoko.
24 Hour Recap
We had a very windy day yesterday, which unfortunately forced the lifts to close. A very rare occurrence in Myoko. Rain moved in last night, but has mostly cleared out this morning.
A few rain clouds on the radar that may hit Myoko this morning. The westerly wind is slowly shifting to the north and bringing with it very cold air. Snow expected this afternoon and into tomorrow. Clearing up and warming up on Sunday before a little more rain on Monday and then a return to snow on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Mid-mountain forecast for the next few days:
Current snow and weather conditions in Myoko now:
- 24 Hr Snow Fall: 0cm
- Current Snow Depth at Akakura Onsen base: 50cm
- Current Snow Conditions: Soft
- Current temperature at base: 3 degrees
- Current Weather: Partly cloudy and light wind
- Current Visibility: Good
Don’t forget to keep up with the snow progress via our Myoko webcams.
Current Snow Depth at Base:
- Akakura Onsen – Open. Base 50cm
- Akakan – Open. Base 60cm
- Ikenotaira – Open. Base 40cm
- Suginohara – Closed (opening 23 Dec). Base 45cm
- Seki Onsen – Closed (opening 23 Dec). Base 50cm
- Tangram – Open. Base 35cm
- Madarao Kogen – Open. Base 40cm
Don’t forget! Got a great Myoko ski video from this season that you’d like to share? Or would you like to show yourself off at The Daily Flake to the world by presenting a guest Myoko snow report? Upload your best efforts and then contact us with the details! Note: We are not a fan of 5 minutes of polecam face shots. Sorry, we prefer something a little more creative.
Myoko Snow Report 23 December 2016